On Sunday we looked at the story of Jacob and his 12 sons and 1 daughter from Genesis 29:31 - 30:24 and Genesis 35:16-21. We considered that:
1. Families are a very important part of God's plan.
2. Every child that is born is important to God whatever the circumstances of his or her birth
3. Parents may make a mess of raising children but God is the perfect father who we can know personally through Jesus
1. If God's plans are for family how can we help, support and encourage ourselves to be more like a family rather than an institution or club or society?
2. How can we know freedom from mistakes and sin our parents have made that have affected us?
3. How can we know God's love to us as a father?